The award winning Tulu movie Madipu will be re-released in select multiplexes in Mangaluru and Bengaluru in the second week of May, according to its director Chetan Mundadi. Madipu (which means prayer before spirit) is based on ‘Kola’ — an annual ritual in reverence of the spirit that is part of the worship tradition — which professes communal harmony. The film, which was first released in the second week of March, was adjudged the best regional feature film in the 64th National Film Awards on April 7. Speaking to media after the film’s screening at the recent four-day NITTE International Film Festival here, Mundadi said the earnings from the first week of release were not encouraging.
- Satish Kumar replaced Chandra Sekhar as Mangaluru Police Commissioner
- Akkineni Nagarjuna might play Karna in BR Shetty’s magnum opus
- Suniel Shetty will be the event ambassador
- Konkani actress Ester Noronha requested support for local language films
- Many are calling the Prasanga an insult to Tulu tradition