A sand sculpture carved out on the occasion of the Matsya Mela on Malpe Beach in Udupi on Friday. The gentle breeze and the frothy sea waves provided just the right kind of ambience for the three-day Matsya Mela or Fish Fest organised by the Department of Fisheries, which began at the Malpe beach here on Friday. For the foodies, there were three stalls providing mouth-watering sea food. The delicacies on offer included fish and chips, fish biryani, golden fried prawn with hot garlic sauce, crispy fried prawn, fish kebab, fish rava fry, squid chilly, fish shawarma, and fish burger. Those preferring vegetarian could taste veg nuggets in chilly sauce, aloo tikki chaat, and gobi manchurian. Besides these, there were other delicacies on offer both for sea food lovers and vegetarians. After having your fill, you could go around in the exhibition put up by the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute.
- Politics should not be taken as a profession, JP Hegde
- IBCA Asian Chess Championship for the Visually Challenged 2017 in Manipal
- Mangaluru City Police once again have come for praise for their presence of mind
- Playback singer Shreya Ghoshal mesmerised music enthusiasts
- One more deadline ended, state government mum